Players take on the role of a survivor amid city streets sprawling with Zombies. Movement is determined by dice roll as is combat when the player's piece is in the same square as a Zombie. Players must conserve bullets and protect their life counters. At the end of the turn a dice roll directs the player to move a number of Zombies one square (because they are the slow George Romero type).
First player to reach the center of the Helipad tile and kill the Zombie there, or kill a total of 25 Zombies wins. When a player is killed they move back to the starting tile and lose half their Zombie kills.
Improvements and additions in the 2nd edition include:
- Updated art for greater visual impact.
- Deeper box designed to hold all the Zombies!!! expansions.
- Brand new art on all Map tiles. (Compatible with previous sets and expansions.)
- Revised or new art on all Event cards.
- Now featuring RED HEART TOKENS!
- Revised and updated rules.
- BRAND NEW FEMALE ZOMBIE FIGURE!!!